This are a couple of materials that I use a lot for checking the model quality, so they might be useful for you, too:
- Check Normal Orientation renders Polygons with inverted normals in pink. Helpful for models with huge polygon count
- Check Overlap helps finding holes, hidden faces, and duplicate faces
- Check Reflection Angles maps Fresnel angles to colors. Stops guesswork for Fresnel ranges
- Check Reflections displays a number of stepped gradients on the model. Great for checking surface continuity
- Check UV displays the UV mapping with my UC Check image
- Render Normal Map renders out the surface normal for the use as normal maps
Installation of this preset library:
- Download library for Maxon Cinema R11 and up (Mac & Windows)
- For temporary use, you might simply start it with a double click. The content browser opens and displays them.
- To install it permanently, drop the file into your Cinema preference directory > library > browser.
Spread the word, link to this page! Please don’t link to the download directly, as it’s URL is likely to change!